Here are five tech obsessions that adults have embraced in recent years.
Sign up for KURT's CYBERGUY REPORT FREE newsletter to get quick tips, tech reviews, security tips and how-tos delivered right to your inbox.
Wearable health technology
Perhaps the most popular devices among adults are the Apple Watch , FitBits and other products that help people monitor their health. These devices can monitor your heart rate, cholesterol, oxygen and more, so you don't have to wait for your next doctor's visit to find out how your body is doing. It also helps you keep track of your steps, which seniors love when walking and exercising.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone
- Click on Communication in the bottom bar
- At the top right, click on the icon that looks like a silhouette of one or two people; This is your introduction
- Then tap the three vertical dots for more menu settings
- Click on Emergency Contact
- Click on "Select a contact" and then click on "Continue".
- Search or scroll until you find the contact you want to add urgently
- Select the phone number under the contact you want to use ; Preferably a phone number, not a landline, so you can receive calls and messages
- Click Next and click Done
If you want to contact your emergency contact, use one of the following phrases:
– "to ask for help".
– "Call my emergency contact."
– "Call my contact to help you."
– "I need help."
There are 3 Alexa settings you should make to make your life easier
Streaming services have also grown in popularity during the pandemic, so what else was there to watch your favorite shows? People of all ages have enjoyed the luxury of having access to thousands of movies and TV shows through services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, etc., especially if they have a smart TV. Also, many of these streaming services will suggest other content for you to watch based on what you've already watched There are also plenty of options for classic movies and TV shows from the past, so older folks can enjoy content meant for younger folks.
You can set up two-factor authentication on all your popular social networks and other frequently used sites like major banks. After signing in to the website where you want to set up 2FA, you can choose a backup method where you have to accept the connection. While going through a few extra steps to sign in to one of your primary accounts may seem annoying, it's worth it to protect your information from others.
Best Password Manager 2023 Review
According to the FTC, in 2022, young adults (ages 20-29) reported losing more money to fraud than adults (ages 70-79). However, when adults lost money, they lost the most.
What is your technological obsession? Let us know at CyberGuy.com/Contact
Click here for the Fox News schedule
Be sure to sign up for my free CyberGuy Report newsletter at CyberGuy.com/Newsletter to see the latest scams.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.